Monday, October 31, 2005

viennese door


viennese door
Originally uploaded by BeckyKiil.
Gotta love Vienna... art nouveau and art deco stuff everywhere!

I met quite a few really cool (non-native) people in Vienna, including Jo from Modbury North, Adriano from Brazil, and John and Jordan who went to uni together in upstate New York. I don’t know if I mentioned but I happened to arrive in Vienna right in the middle of the Vienna Film Festival… my first European film festival! John and I braved two Andy Warhol films… now that was an experience! I fell asleep in the first one, ‘Haircut’, but the second one ‘Kiss’ was such an experience that I stayed awake. It was 40 minutes of non-stop kissing, very close up, with no sounds and with practically every coupling combination that Andy’s friends could make up. I’m looking forward to catching up with Kate some time so we can have an in-depth discussion on what Andy was trying to do! I also went to see Wallace and Gromit with John and Jordan, which was probably as far apart from ‘Kiss’ as you can get!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a strange experience that must have been, watching a movie about kissing with a guy you didn't really know!!

10:33 pm  
Blogger Becky said...

well yeah we agreed it's Isomething neither of us will forget too soon! You know how much I cringe during normal kissing scenes as it is!

12:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home