Sunday, August 19, 2007

august

The weather is definitely starting to turn.... only two of the last 10 days have been miserable... blue sky's and sunshine abounds :) Bring on summer.

It was Nigel's 40th Birthday on Friday. Happy Birthday Nigel! Hope you had a good one.

Went to Alice's jewelry exhibition the other night, and saw Jaan play with Cookie Baker tonight, gee they're a creative couple. What else have I been upto? Communist Party at Chris's house a little while back... some pretty interesting costumes there; I never knew Danish people or Santa Claus were commies.

Once the weather has become a little nicer we're gonna have a bit of a house party... in the meantime I've got to work on my ping pong and foosball skills so i can kick everyone's arse. Have started decorating my room, need to take some more photos to stick up on the wall.

Life's been pretty good of late. It's amazing how much surroundings effect state of mind. Have been spending more time at home than I ever could have imagined...it's a great place to not spend money which suits me well, and it's also just fantastic to chill, which also suits me well.

Went to Flinders Uni the other day to find out more on the Grad Dip Psychology. It sounds great and I would most likely get in with no problems...only thing is it's a full fee-paying course. Have so far avoided finding out exactly how much these fees are, but probably should very soon! I'm also planning to find out if I can take part in a research program on Early Intervention for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders... its probably best I mention it on here and people can chase me up on it in case I never get around to it :)

That's enough from me for now. Very bland and unemotional post, but it's 2.30am and i'm tired and grumpy with a cold so you'll just have to put up with it.

What I'm listening to at the moment: Bob Dylan, Blood on the Tracks.
He's a strange, strange man. Amazing poet. Genius? I dunno...

5 Comments:

Blogger queenzelda said...

Glad you followed up on the Grad Dip, that was post book club chat with Lavina wasn't it?

If you went to a Communist Party, you'll need to restore the balance and come to a Capitalist Party. There shall be no accusations of bias on my watch! I'll send you the address via crackbook... at risk of revealing my true identity! mwahahaha

4:51 am  
Blogger Becky said...

looking forward to finding out more!

2:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

soph has a simpsons foosball table. next time you're around, i'll challenge you, i'm pretty much the worst player ever.

7:26 am  
Blogger Becky said...

No, next time SHE'S around Adelaide I'll play her, thank you very much. You guys are so friggin overdue for your visit.

9:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Becky! I just found your blog- looks good- you've been doing it awhile, that's for sure. I only started recently on LJ and I'm not too good at it. Noticed you want to do the Grad Dip Psych at Flinders and do stuff on autism etc. I was doing a PhD on autism years ago- did lots of stuff over the years with autistic type kids- including the famous Trevor Tao! [The kid who has a PhD in Applied Maths now, his brother is a maths professor in California and his dad a pediatrician at Flinders; his younger brother is a programming whiz with Google...]. Anyway- best of luck with all that- I'll see you at Cafe Palazzo shortly!

3:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home